A mill, commonly known as a milling machine, is a device which uses rotating blades to plane and shape wood, metal, and other materials in an exact and precise pattern. We sell a range of mills suitable for a variety of materials, available online at Jago24.co.uk.
Milling machines are a form of power machinery which uses rotating blades to degrade and abrade the surface of a variety of materials. Different to a drill in that the cutting surface is much wider and broader, the rotating axis of a milling machine cutter is often perpendicular to the surface being cut, relying on cutting edges at the circumference of the tool (where a drill is pushed towards the target along its axis of rotation), a mill allows for the regular and even reduction of a surface in a general or specific pattern.
Used by both professional tradespeople and DIY enthusiasts alike, a mill provides precise results and reduces the workload significantly, allowing for surfaces to be shaped and formed quickly and efficiently.
TYPES OF MILL
Jago24.co.uk stocks several types of mill, as well as accessories such as spare blades. Information to help you select the right tool for the job is provided below.
Overhead Router – A router is used primarily for working with wood and is operated by hand. The pattern produced is usually a level surface, but specialised profile cutters that can create ogee profiles and other specific results are also available.
Wall Chaser – A wall chaser allows for the cutting of grooves and depressions in stony material such as concrete, plaster or other masonry, usually for the installation of pipes and cable which means that this type milling is mainly used by plumbers and electricians, as well as DIY enthusiasts.
Concrete Mill – This type of milling machine is designed to degrade and destroy tough concrete, bursting the top layer and allowing the removal of solid material. This type of milling is mostly used in construction, when a lot of material has to be removed. Concrete milling tends to require less accuracy, but depending on the model and the choice of bit concrete milling can provide very accurate results and abrade the target surface smoothly.
* All prices include German VAT and shipping fees within Germany. When choosing cash on delivery, (only available in Germany!), additional costs will occur. These additional fees, as well as shipping fees and prices for delivery within Europe, can be found on the product destail page.
(1) Only applies to items currently available (Pre-sales, items with indicated delivery date and items currently out of stock are excluded). This only applies if: we receive payment before 13:00 (by Paypal, Amazon Payments, Credit card or DIRECTebanking) OR we receive confirmation of approval from the payment agency by 13:00 (only for purchase on account or via instalment) OR if the order is made before 13:00 when choosing COD (cash on delivery). Delivery times for non germany are 1 - 5 working days.
(2) Purchase on account or instalment and cash on delivery (COD), is only available for customers in Germany.
(3) Former price
(4) The payment fee of 5,99 € + 2 € consists of: Cash on Delivery fee: 5,99 € incl. VAT/order.
(5) Unfortunately, the payment methods "COD (Cash on delivery)", "Klarna Invoice" and "Instalment with Klarna" are for purchases within Germany only. The payment methods "Klarna Invoice" und "Instalment with Klarna" can only be chosen if the shipping address corresponds to the billing address.
(6) Delivery will ensue within 2 working days (Monday to Friday, except public holidays) after instructing the credit institution/bank to execute payment (payment in advance).
(7) Delivery will ensue within 5 working days (Monday to Friday, except
public holidays) after instructing the credit institution/bank to
execute payment (payment in advance).
Notes on data protection using Facebook plug-ins
Here you can leave information about the transmission of personal data to Facebook.