Rose arches and trellises are decorative elements to form visual barriers in certain parts of your garden, highlight pathways, viewpoints in the garden or used as a pergola. Our online shop offers a wide range of different climbing supports made of different materials.
Rose arches and trellises are decorative elements of a romantic garden. They are excellent as archways, welcoming your guests and can also be used form visual barriers in certain parts of your garden or can be placed to highlight pathways or viewpoints in the garden.
Growing plants on rose arches and trellises
Rose arches do not necessarily only have to be used to grow the well-known twining plant, climbing rose. A honeysuckle or clematis can also adorn this climbing plant support beautifully. Make sure when choosing plants that they are suitable for our latitude. The trellises should be planted with at least two climbing roses. The best time for this is in the early autumn, from the end of September to the beginning of October.
Tip: Enrich the soil with humus before planting to enable climbing roses and other plants to grow better and provide them with nutrients in the growing phase.
Rose arches and trellises in different variations
In addition to the classic rose arches which are often seen as decorative pergolas in gardens, there are other variants available:
semicircular rose arches
rose arches with bench
rose arches with gate
rose arches as pavilion
plant support tower
trellises for facades
Choose a model depending on the use and available space in the garden.
Material of rose arches and trellises
In addition to the different forms, the material and the colour of the rose arch and trellis also play a role in the selection criteria:
metal trellis in black or green
metal rose arch in black or green
wooden rose arch
The different materials are important when growing plants on these supports. Rose arches and trellises of metal are much more stable than their counterparts made of wood. The denser the planting, the heavier the weight on the trellises. Therefore, consideration should be given to the sort of climbing plants you want to grow on the rose arch.
Climbing plants with different requirements
The ivy and the Virginia creeper are considered low-maintenance self-clinging climbers. They hardly require growth support. The first pruning occurs only after 5 to 10 years. In the case of hops and annuals climbing plant, care should be take to remove withered shoots and clear weeds in autumn. In contrast, climbing plants such as akebia, climbing hydrangea or honeysuckle require intensive care. Depending on the type of plant you want to grow it is important to choose the correct climbing support.
Size and attachment of trellises and rose arches
Height and width are also purchase criteria, depending on the intended use. A rose arch with a height of about 2 metres and a passage width of approximately 1 metre, is both high and wide enough to install as an arched gateway in the entrance of your garden. Those wanting to use a trellis as a decorative visual protection, should ensure that the width and height is sufficient. It should be firmly anchored in the ground in order to protect the plant from strong winds.
Buy rose arches and trellises at JAGO
Plants accessories at affordable prices can be purchased at Jago. Place your order online until 3 o'clock today and your rose arch or trellis will be shipped on the same day. Fast delivery is a matter of course. Further information concerning shipping and delivery can be found on our website. Demanding customers appreciate our many different payment methods. Jago24 is regularly audited by Trusted Shops and have been awarded with its seal of approval.
* All prices include German VAT and shipping fees within Germany. When choosing cash on delivery, (only available in Germany!), additional costs will occur. These additional fees, as well as shipping fees and prices for delivery within Europe, can be found on the product destail page.
(1) Only applies to items currently available (Pre-sales, items with indicated delivery date and items currently out of stock are excluded). This only applies if: we receive payment before 13:00 (by Paypal, Amazon Payments, Credit card or DIRECTebanking) OR we receive confirmation of approval from the payment agency by 13:00 (only for purchase on account or via instalment) OR if the order is made before 13:00 when choosing COD (cash on delivery).
(2) Purchase on account or instalment and cash on delivery (COD), is only available for customers in Germany.
(3) Former price
(4) The payment fee of 5,99 € + 2 € consists of: Cash on Delivery fee: 5,99 € incl. VAT/order.
(5) Unfortunately, the payment methods "COD (Cash on delivery)", "Klarna Invoice" and "Instalment with Klarna" are for purchases within Germany only. The payment methods "Klarna Invoice" und "Instalment with Klarna" can only be chosen if the shipping address corresponds to the billing address.
(6) Delivery will ensue within 2 working days (Monday to Friday, except public holidays) after instructing the credit institution/bank to execute payment (payment in advance).
(7) Delivery will ensue within 5 working days (Monday to Friday, except
public holidays) after instructing the credit institution/bank to
execute payment (payment in advance).
Notes on data protection using Facebook plug-ins
Here you can leave information about the transmission of personal data to Facebook.