Changing a baby's nappies is an important and messy business, and so should be as comfortable as possible for both babies and parents. A hygenic, safe, and stylish changing table is a great addition to any baby's bedroom and makes the whole process easier and less disruptive for everyone involved. On the go, practical and compact baby changing bags allow for efficient nappy changes with the minimum of hassle or fuss.
Changing stations are available in versatile designs which makes the decision even harder. The baby change unit or chest of drawers should be well-designed in order to be ergonomically adjustable and to provide an optimal level of height. This will facilitate the babycare tremendously. An open drawer or a shelf is more practical than a base cupboard since care products such as cremes, wet pads, baby powder, wash cloths, disinfectants, diapers, and onesies are immediately within reach.
Important features of a changing station
Disinfectable and easy-to-clean material
Large bearing surface with high side edges
Drawers for easy-to-reach handling
Complies to EN norms and is TÜV-GS approved
Practical alteration and safety
Before purchasing a diaper changing unit you should think of all the requirements the changing table has to fulfil. Height-adjustable chest of drawers and tables are particularly good. They enable a healthy posture during a baby massage, for instance. Synthetic material is the best option as it facilitates hygienic cleaning. Babies grow very quickly which is why the bearing surface has to be large enough for convenient long-term usage. The side panels of the chest drawer should be high enough to ensure the baby's safety when using the padded changing cover which has to guarantee a safe grip and easy cleaning. Wipeable surfaces should be covered with soft towels which will provide a cosy bottom layer for your nursling. Baby changing bags are particularly convenient during transport due to the clearly arranged and always ready to hand baby items. It is important that tables and chest drawers offer excellent stability. As far as possible they should have round instead of sharp edges and corners. Adequate test reports will provide you with the necessary information on which changing station will be the best for your baby. A major point is the tested safety (GS logo) and that the chest drawer complies to safety standards (EN). Thereby health risks trough harmful and damaging paints and lacquers can be prevented. Meanwhile there are chest of drawers that can be modified afterwards. By unscrewing the changing unit a practical stowage for toys can be created. It is therefore recommendable that the material of the changing station matches the overall image of the furniture.
In case you intend to purchase changing bags, tables or chest drawers at a good price online, first you should have a look at a specialised trade to ensure that all criteria are met.
* All prices include German VAT and shipping fees within Germany. When choosing cash on delivery, (only available in Germany!), additional costs will occur. These additional fees, as well as shipping fees and prices for delivery within Europe, can be found on the product destail page.
(1) Only applies to items currently available (Pre-sales, items with indicated delivery date and items currently out of stock are excluded). This only applies if: we receive payment before 13:00 (by Paypal, Amazon Payments, Credit card or DIRECTebanking) OR we receive confirmation of approval from the payment agency by 13:00 (only for purchase on account or via instalment) OR if the order is made before 13:00 when choosing COD (cash on delivery). Delivery times for non germany are 1 - 5 working days.
(2) Purchase on account or instalment and cash on delivery (COD), is only available for customers in Germany.
(3) Former price
(4) The payment fee of 5,99 € + 2 € consists of: Cash on Delivery fee: 5,99 € incl. VAT/order.
(5) Unfortunately, the payment methods "COD (Cash on delivery)", "Klarna Invoice" and "Instalment with Klarna" are for purchases within Germany only. The payment methods "Klarna Invoice" und "Instalment with Klarna" can only be chosen if the shipping address corresponds to the billing address.
(6) Delivery will ensue within 2 working days (Monday to Friday, except public holidays) after instructing the credit institution/bank to execute payment (payment in advance).
(7) Delivery will ensue within 5 working days (Monday to Friday, except
public holidays) after instructing the credit institution/bank to
execute payment (payment in advance).
Notes on data protection using Facebook plug-ins
Here you can leave information about the transmission of personal data to Facebook.