When you plan to carry your dog around in your car a lot, you should buy a suitable dog crate. There are different variations of transportation boxes which all ensure that you can transport your dog safely. They can be fixed in your car and protect your dog in the highest possible way. Order the perfect dog transport cage now at jago24.co.uk and drive safely with your dog.
You might need a transport crate if your dog is ill and needs to be taken to the vet but also when you drive to the dog training regularly, or want to take your dog with you on holiday. A quality transport crate is the perfect place for your dog to be for these kind of activities. An unsecured dog constitutes a thread to yourself because it can become an extremely dangerous missile during an impact. Furthermore, the risk of injury for the dog is also much higher than it is in a transport crate. Even specific safety belts and dog guards are not as safe. The safety crate can be properly fastened in the boot or on the rear seat bench. Before purchasing a transport crate, check whether it corresponds to the following criteria regarding safety and comfort.
Especially note the following aspects:
We offer dog transport crates in different sizes, shapes and made of several materials, so you can find the perfect one for your four-legged friend. Whether you are looking for a folding dog crate or a transport crate with one or two doors, on Jago24.co.uk you will find the perfect crate for any occasion.
Make your dog used to the transport crate
It is extremely important that your dog does not only accept thecrate, but that it likes to travel in it and does that voluntarily. Put the crate into the house at first. Lure the dog into the crate with feed or a special treat but leave the door open. Try to keep the dog in the box for a while, for example with a chew bone. As soon as the dog remains in the crate over a longer period, you can start closing the door for a short time. If you are lucky, the dog will accept the crate as refuge or even as place to sleep. At any rate, you will take away your dog's fear of being stuck in a rather cramped box with this method. This might take some time, so be patient. Make sure that the interior of the box is nicely padded, and your dog will get used to spending car journey in the crate. Nevertheless, those journeys should not take too long. In general, puppies should not spend more than two hours in a transport crate without break, fully grown dogs not more than four. You can decide on how much time your dog spends in the box except when you are on longer flights. But if your dog has become used to the crate and feels comfortable in it, even longer stays will not be a problem any more.
Material and equipment are very important
Above all, transport crates for dogs should provide safety. This does not only mean that the dog is not being harmed in the box but also that it cannot get out of the box by itself. That is why crates made of basketwork, like crates for cats are often rather unsuited for dogs. This material can easily be chewed through or be damaged otherwise by the dog. Plastic crates should definitely be made of unbreakable material. If the crate is knocked over, it might splinter and cause injuries. Aluminium transport crates are the safest ones for your dog. They are also very light, which is particularly convenient for occasions like doctor´s visits when you have to carry the box including the weight of your dog. Aluminium is sturdy and robust. Such crates might get scratches or slight dents but will be usable and, above all, safe for many years. Always make sure that your dog is able to see what is going on outside, e.g. with a sturdy wire door. If the dog wants some peace and quiet, it can simply turn around and the rest of the world stays outside. Take a very close look at Jago24.co.uk. As a responsible dog owner you will find a great selection of safe transport facilities for your dog for either car or other means of transport.
The appropriate size: Your dog has to be able to turn round and lie down in the crate. Take into consideration that relaxed dogs like to lie on their sides. However, the crate should not be too large, either because then it is not safe in the event of an accident or a sudden braking manoeuvre.
There have to be sufficient mounting devices so that the crate can be securely fastened.
Make sure that the material is sturdy and robust.
The crate should be watertight in case of a slight mishap.
There must be enough air slits. They should be big enough and arranged thus that enough air can get into the crate, but that the dog cannot put its snout or paw through them.
There should be an escape hatch in case the dog has to be rescued from the crate after an accident, for example.
* All prices include German VAT and shipping fees within Germany. When choosing cash on delivery, (only available in Germany!), additional costs will occur. These additional fees, as well as shipping fees and prices for delivery within Europe, can be found on the product destail page.
(1) Only applies to items currently available (Pre-sales, items with indicated delivery date and items currently out of stock are excluded). This only applies if: we receive payment before 13:00 (by Paypal, Amazon Payments, Credit card or DIRECTebanking) OR we receive confirmation of approval from the payment agency by 13:00 (only for purchase on account or via instalment) OR if the order is made before 13:00 when choosing COD (cash on delivery).
(2) Purchase on account or instalment and cash on delivery (COD), is only available for customers in Germany.
(3) Former price
(4) The payment fee of 5,99 € + 2 € consists of: Cash on Delivery fee: 5,99 € incl. VAT/order.
(5) Unfortunately, the payment methods "COD (Cash on delivery)", "Klarna Invoice" and "Instalment with Klarna" are for purchases within Germany only. The payment methods "Klarna Invoice" und "Instalment with Klarna" can only be chosen if the shipping address corresponds to the billing address.
(6) Delivery will ensue within 2 working days (Monday to Friday, except public holidays) after instructing the credit institution/bank to execute payment (payment in advance).
(7) Delivery will ensue within 5 working days (Monday to Friday, except
public holidays) after instructing the credit institution/bank to
execute payment (payment in advance).
Notes on data protection using Facebook plug-ins
Here you can leave information about the transmission of personal data to Facebook.